Primark Monks Cross
Tuesday 8 December 2015
SIMPSON have completed the fit out of Primark’s first store here in our home town of York.
The project comprised of a retail fit out of a renovated shell to ground floor, first floor and new extension to the rear.
The project was carried out over a 16 weeks, with the works including the following:
- Back of house stores
- Staff offices
- Staff Training rooms
- Staff Canteen and locker areas
- Creation of lift shafts and escalators
- External and Internal Signage
- New M&E systems throughout
- Works carried in a fully operational shopping park.
- Logistical Challenges faced with the delivery of materials.
- Work undertaken with weekly reviews with the centre Management.
- New Glazed featured lift and atrium feature
- New flooring and Ceilings
- Decorative Graphics throughout the store internally and Externally
Since Simpsons took over the development of the Primark unit at the end of 2015, they have been one of the best presented and represented contractors on site. They have given me no cause for concern and kept the shopping center appraised of any works/issues that may impact the running of the site, even down to issues of parking. Communication to/from the construction site office and their office based in York has always been prompt and precise.
I can only wish more contractors were as forthcoming as Simpsons.Back to all news