New Look for Fire Station

New Look for Fire Station

 

SIMPSON has started work on the £1.2 million transformation of a redundant fire station in Leeds, into a state of the art community centre.

Gipton fire station opened in 1937 and was West Yorkshires oldest operational fire station, when it closed at the end of 2015.

Once complete this summer, the community centre will be occupied by six local charities and voluntary organisations including Gipton Supported Independent Living, Healthwatch, Leeds United Foundation, People in Action, Space2 and Zest Health for Life.

The new community centre will offer a wide range of services including a community cafe, office accommodation , a Ministry Food teaching kitchen, and entrance hub offering flexible workspace, as well as a variety of community spaces an meeting rooms.

Following the Internal completion SIMPSON will carry out the external landscaping around the centre including cafe garden and parking areas.

Back to all news
ISO 9001
ISO 9001
ISO 14001
OHAS 18001
Investors in People
FSC